Sunday, 1 February 2015

LESSON I LEARNED FROM MY JOB-HUNTING EXPERIENCE



Among the many ironies of the so-called ‘real world’ is not getting the job when I knew I gave my best interview.
 

Today, am sharing with you the lessons I’ve learned in my personal job-hunting experiences

 1. Networking

 2.
You cannot give up.

 3. First impression matters alot.

 4. Read the instructions well when taking exams.

 5. Dress up for the job but do not sacrifice comfort.

 6. Make friends with other applicants.
 

 7. Have copies of your resume printed and ready to be distributed.

 8. Have your interview outfit dry cleaned and wrinkle free.

 9. Don’t just rehearse answering the basic questions; anticipate the trivial ones.

10. Remember that at the end of the day, the person who will interview you is human.

Show up for the interview on time, make eye contact, shake people’s hands firmly, dress sharp, and do your homework. What the interviewer will say about you may not be within your control but you can definitely do something to earn brownie points.

Relax, it’s just an interview.


Everyone has their own personal experience with the job hunting process, share with me your experience.....see ya.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great pointers! I’m glad that you learned a lot from your experiences, and now you are sharing them with us. I think the only thing I can add here is be as relaxed and honest as you can, rather than merely saying things which you think the interviewer would want to hear. Anyway, I hope those lessons did help you in landing on the job that will help you grow professionally. Good luck with your career! :-)

    Waylon Grimur @ All Force Labour Solutions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...