Saturday, 3 January 2015

REASONS WHY YOUR 20s ARE THE WORST PERIOD OF YOUR LIFE.

Good morning beautiful people,

The 20s were the best part of your life? Well, maybe that was the case a few decades ago, but nowadays, being in your 20s is about as fun as having a pop quiz in a mathematics class,We are at a time in our lives where we are figuring out who we are as an adults and what we want to be.Am sure every generation complains about the problems they have to deal with, and mine is no different. Below you will find a list of things we complain about in our 20-somethings, I hope you’re tearing up as you read this.If you’re older, or younger, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two! letx begin:

 YOU WILL PROBABLY BE LIVING WITH YOUR PARENTS FOR MOST OF IT:
This is actually a smart thing to do because, unless you come from a loaded family, you won’t really have the funds to go out and buy your own place straight out of college. I mean, you could be one of the lucky ones to get an awesome salaried position straight out of your senior year, but most of us aren’t that lucky. I don’t think I really need to explain why living with your parents can be annoying. Just think back to your teenage years. The fact that we have to go back to it after four years of relative freedom doesn’t help either.
  
YOU WILL HAVE MORE FREEDOM THAN YOU CAN HANDLE:
By this I mean that your life is no longer structured. After 21 to 22 years of life in the system, breaking out of it and having free reign over what you do and where you go next can be intimidating.

ITS HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS:
Maybe this is just me since I’m an introvert, but it has been tough making friends after school. You no longer have easy access to a wealth of people around your same age, and all of your University and Secondary School friends are scattered like dust in the wind. I’m sure it gets easier later, but when you’re first starting out it’s a bit of a painful process.

OLDER GENERATION TAKES ADVANTAGE OF US:
Let’s face it, older folks basically control the lives of us millennial. This isn’t to demean them, it’s just a fact of being young. Every generation goes through a period of subordination. Just look at it this way: in 20 years we’ll be the ones pulling the strings! I’m not sure whether that fact pleases or frightens me…

SO MUCH IS EXPECTED OF YOU:
Despite the fact that most people in their 20s are in debt, struggling in this terrible economy, and being exploited by older generations, we’re still expected to go out there and succeed regardless of the obstacles in front of us. And I suppose that is a good thing, because the greatest generations are forged in adversity.

YOU LOSE YOUR IMAGINATION:
Once you turn 20, you start thinking like a “real” adult, you stop being as amazed by things as you were in your youth. Alright, so perhaps “losing our imagination” is too harsh in the wording. It’s more like we become jaded as we get older, and that this process starts in your 20s. But hey, being jaded can be fun! This is when we finally get to start saying stuff like,“when I was a child”.
TIME STARTS TO GO FASTER:
I never believed this was true as a kid, but adults really were right when they said time goes by faster the older you get. I’m not sure exactly why, maybe because life in your 20s become more about maintaining daily routines than about drastically changing the things you do. I know that since I graduated the days seem to bleed into each other far more than they did previously. Maybe I just need to get out more?Just because your 20s might not be that great, it doesn’t mean you can’t go out and have some fun while you’re dealing with all of the crap the world throws at you! While we have it harder than the previous generation , we can still make the best of it, and be better for it. Who knows, with a little perseverance and elbow grease, we just might be the next “greatest generation.” Here’s hoping!

NOBODY RESPECTS YOU:
It’s sad, but true. I don’t mean to say that there is an actual reason for people to respect us 20-somethings, just that nobody actually does, regardless. Just think about it logically for a second. Teenagers don’t respect anyone, least of all people maybe half a decade older than them. People in their 30s and beyond look at us like adults with training wheels strapped to our sides. I think the only segment of the population we actually garner some respect from is grade schoolers, but to them anyone over 16 seems like an adult so that’s a moot point.

You feel inferior at least once a week. Oh, so yet another one of your friends has had a baby, gotten engaged, or got a sweet job? Envy is never pretty, but let’s be honest, we are a little jealous.

Growing apart from people who were once your best friends. It’s a sad part of life, but remember when you and your bestie made a pact (spit, blood, or pinkie promise.)? Yeah, well your best friend has left the building. Cherish the memories.

We start to understand why our parents are always so stressed. Life’s hard, no doubt about that. There are people who are more privileged, blessed, or whatever. But for an average person life is rough and tough.

The fact that at least one of these reasons applies to you. I know being 20 sucks, but it’s not like you’re going through it alone. We’re not the first 20s year old, or the last, but hey we’ll survive this craptacular year. THANKX FOR COMING BACK.IT MEANS XO MUCH TO MI.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...